At Mesirow Financial, we believe a valuable internship provides students with the real-world skills to successfully transition into a career in the financial services industry. As an intern you will get a chance to work alongside diverse professionals who have mastered the ability to understand, anticipate and meet our clients' financial needs. Internships are available across all of our divisions: Investment Management, Global Markets, Insurance Services and Consulting and our Shared Services (Accounting, Marketing and Corporate Communications, Human Resources and Information Technology) departments.
We will begin accepting applications for our 2015 Summer Internship Program in mid-October, 2014. Please return to this page at that time to review the internship descriptions and to submit your application. In the meantime, please review the general information below.
What we look for:
- Currently enrolled students (graduation date of fall 2015 or later from an undergraduate or graduate program)
- Academic strength (minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Intellectual curiosity
- A collaborative mindset
- Strong communication skills
- A desire to be challenged professionally now and in the future
What you get:
- A nine-week summer internship headquartered in Chicago
- Competitive pay
- Business development opportunities and educational sessions
- Lunch-and-learns with senior business leaders
- Project-based work
- Opportunities to network with all levels of business
- Corporate and social outings throughout the summer
What some of our past interns had to say:
- "My internship at Mesirow Financial exposed me to an extensive professional network. I was also able to interact with senior partners on a regular basis which was very cool."
- "During my internship I learned the value of research and how important it is to figure out a task before implementing it."
- "Mesirow Financial is a place where you don’t get lost in the shuffle."
- "The Lunch & Learns hosted by senior business leaders were always something I looked forward to; we learned about the business from the top."
- "I learned to follow up on all of my projects, to keep asking questions…soliciting feedback is key."