The Mesirow Financial intern program offers accomplished students the opportunity to contribute to the daily operations of a world-renowned, Chicago-based diversified financial services firm. As a Mesirow Financial intern, you will work alongside knowledgeable professionals to understand, anticipate and meet our clients' financial needs.
Our goal is to provide enthusiastic and qualified students with the best possible internship experience. Throughout the program, Mesirow Financial hosts social and educational activities where interns get to know their peers, serve their community and sharpen their technical and presentation skills.
What we look for:
Please note that many departments have more stringent requirements. Please review the individual internship descriptions on our job board for those details.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- All candidates must include GPA on resume
- Your graduation date must be after the 2015 internship program (i.e. interns must expect to attend an undergraduate or graduate program in fall of 2015)
- Availability for fulltime work from June 8 to August 7, 2015
- Intellectual curiosity
- A collaborative mindset
- Strong communication skills
- A desire to be challenged professionally now and in the future
What you get:
- A nine-week summer internship
- Competitive pay
- Business development opportunities and educational sessions
- Lunch-and-learns with senior business leaders
- Project-based work
- Opportunities to network with all levels of business
- Corporate and social outings throughout the summer
Intern applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The following timeline can be used as a guide:
- November-February: apply to the internship(s) of your choice
- December-March: If your background is deemed a fit for an internship, we will contact you to arrange an introductory phone interview
What some of our past interns had to say:
- "My internship at Mesirow Financial exposed me to an extensive professional network. I was also able to interact with senior partners on a regular basis which was very cool."
- "During my internship I learned the value of research and how important it is to figure out a task before implementing it."
- "Mesirow Financial is a place where you don’t get lost in the shuffle."
- "The Lunch & Learns hosted by senior business leaders were always something I looked forward to; we learned about the business from the top."
- "I learned to follow up on all of my projects, to keep asking questions…soliciting feedback is key."