At Mesirow Financial, we believe a valuable internship provides students with the real-world skills to successfully transition into a career in the financial services industry. As an intern you will get a chance to work alongside diverse professionals who have mastered the ability to understand, anticipate and meet our clients' financial needs. Internships are available across all of our divisions: Investment Management, Global Markets, Insurance Services and Consulting and our Shared Services (Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology and Marketing and Corporate Communications) departments.
What we look for:
- Academic strength (minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Intellectual curiosity
- A collaborative mindset
- Strong communication skills
- A desire to be challenged professionally now and in the future
What you get:
- A nine-week summer internship headquartered in Chicago
- Competitive pay
- Business development opportunities - educational sessions
- Lunch-and-learns with senior business leaders
- Project-based work
- Opportunities to network with all levels of business
- Corporate and social outings throughout the summer
What some of our past interns had to say:
- "My internship at Mesirow Financial exposed me to an extensive professional network. I was also able to interact with senior partners on a regular basis which was very cool."
- "During my internship I learned the value of research and how important it is to figure out a task before implementing it."
- "Mesirow Financial is a place where you don’t get lost in the shuffle."
- "The Lunch & Learns hosted by senior business leaders were always something I looked forward to; we learned about the business from the top."
- "I learned to follow up on all of my projects, to keep asking questions…soliciting feedback is key."