Kristie Paskvan Named CFO of the Year
CHICAGO, November 7, 2012 — Mesirow Financial announced today that Chief Financial Officer Kristie P. Paskvan was named 2012 CFO of the Year in the large private company category by the Chicago chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI).
FEI's Chicago CFO of the Year® Awards are intended to honor Chicago's financial leaders by recognizing senior financial professionals who have made contributions to a business or nonprofit organization in Chicago with quality, insight and direction. At an awards gala on November 1, 2012, at the Marriott Hotel in downtown Chicago, FEI cited Paskvan’s many accomplishments and responsibilities, including:
- Management of Mesirow Financial's overall financial plans related to financing, acquisition analysis, capital usage, risk management and business profitability for a large, complex organization with many different businesses
- Focus on team building and developing professionals to their maximum potential
- Participation in the firm's leadership team, with positions on its board of directors and management committee
- Valuable contributions to the organization, especially during the global economic downturn and real estate crash, as well as the firm's recent CEO transition
- Active participation in many civic and community organizations. These include the Executives' Club of Chicago, Gilda's Club of Chicago, United Way of Metropolitan Chicago, and Chicago Scholars
FEI's mission is to advance the success of senior-level financial executives, their organizations and the profession. Its Chicago chapter has 600 members representing a broad spectrum of companies and industries. FEI began its CFO of the Year awards program in 2011.
Mesirow Financial is a diversified financial services firm headquartered in Chicago. Founded in 1937, it is an independent, employee-owned firm with 1,200 employees in locations across the country and in London. With expertise in Investment Management, Global Markets, Insurance Services and Consulting, Mesirow Financial strives to meet the financial needs of institutions, public sector entities, corporations and individuals. For more information about Mesirow Financial, visit mesirowfinancial.com.
Securities offered through Mesirow Financial, Inc. member NYSE, SIPC. Insurance services provided through Mesirow Insurance Services, Inc.