Current financial reporting rules require companies to report the liability of future benefit payments directly on balance sheets. Acting as a client advocate/broker, we help manage the costs of programs and provide assistance with several key financing steps.
- Search the market for appropriate products
- Evaluate the financial impact of various products
- Negotiate institutional pricing
- Ensure compliance with the COLI Best Practices Act of 2005
We believe that a one-size-fits-all approach to financing plan liabilities actually fits no one. Before discussing alternatives, we take a thorough assessment of your company's financial situation, including:
- Current liabilities
- Current and future tax situation
- Alternative minimum tax (AMT) issues
- Cash flow constraints
- Profit and loss (P&L) projections and the impact of any benefit plans on these estimates
- Potential impact of various financing tools on earnings per share (EPS) estimates
Only after gaining a full understanding of all the relevant issues do we begin analyzing alternative financial vehicles to determine which would best meet your company's needs.
Neither Mesirow Financial nor its employees provide tax advice. Securities offered though Mesirow Financial, Inc,. Member FINRA and SIPC.